Suggested Books: Assisted Living Nurse Certification Exam
- Ebersole & Hess. Gerontological Nursing and Healthy Aging.
- Lueckenotte AG. Gerontological Nursing. 2000
- Resnick B. Restorative Care Nursing for Older Adults: A guide for all care settings. 2004
- Eliopolous C. Gerontological Nursing, 6th ed. 2005
- Lubkin IM. Chronic Illness: Impact and Interventions. 2002.
- Mezey MD, Fulmer I, Abraham I. (eds). Geriatric Nursing Protocols for Best Practice.2nd ed.
- NY: Springer. 2003. (3rd edition due 2007).
- Zembrzuski C. Clinical Companion for Assessment of the Older Adult. Albany: Delmar/Thompson. 2001
- Gallo JJ, Bogner HR et al. Handbook of Geriatric Assessment. 4th ed. Jones & Bartlett. 2006
- Comer S. Geriatric Nursing Care Plans. Albany: Delmar/Thomson. 2005
- Fulmer TT, Foreman MD et al. Critical Care Nursing of the Elderly. 2nd ed.NY: Springer. 2001.
- Huber D. Leadership and Nursing Care Management. Phila: Saunders. 2000.
- Marquis BL & Huston CJ. Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing. Phila: Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins.
- Mitty EL. Handbook for Directors of Nursing in Long-Term Care. Delmar/Thompson. (ppr)
- Saba VK et al. Essentials of Computers for Nurses: Informatics for the New Millenium. NY: McGraw-Hill.
- Scope and Standards of Assisted Living Nursing Practice: AALNA website
- Competencies of the Assisted Living Nurse (RN, LPN/LVN): AALNA website
- Powers BA. Nursing Home Ethics: Everyday Issues Affecting Residents with Dementia. NY: Springer
- www.GeroNurseOnLine.org: Current best practice information; includes assessment protocols and tools, interventions, evaluation.
- www.NursingCenter.com: AJN Series on Nursing Care of Older Adults. “A New Look at the Old.” Evidence based humanistic care on a variety of topics; excellent series.