This recorded webinar was developed to prepare Registered Nurses (RN) and Licensed Vocation Nurses (LVN) or Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) to take the Assisted Living Nurse Certification exam, which is administered through the American Assisted Living Nurses Association (AALNA). The webinar is in a self-paced, online format, which will give you the flexibility to complete the webinar when it is convenient for you. The content in this webinar provides students with an overview of topics related to the aging population, systems, assessment, and care planning. Additionally, content on the organization of health care delivery and professional nursing practice is provided. It is expected that students who complete this webinar and follow additional study recommendations will be prepared to successfully pass the Assisted Living Nurse Certification exam.
Assisted Living Nursing: A manual for management and practice by Barabra Resnick and Ethel Mitty
After completing this webinar, students will be able to:
- Describe the philosophy of assisted living and characteristics of the aging population.
- Discuss the continuum of long-term care/assisted living including regulations, reimbursement, federal regulations, retention, and discharge issues.
- Explain common theories of aging.
- Identify and describe proper intervention for common conditions, illnesses, and syndromes that affect the elderly population including phramacotherapeutics.
- Describe the characteristics of common types of dementia.
- Explain the interventions that are most successful with residents who have dementia.
- Describe commonly used physical, mental, and social assessments.
- Apply assessments and clinical knowledge to clinical care planning and delivery for residents.
- Explain important factors for end of life care.
- Discuss the management functions and styles for use in developing policies and systems, directing resident care, and providing staff training and leadership
- Discuss professional nursing responsibilities.